15.4.12

I wish it will last

"So I thought I'd let you know that these things take forever, I especially am slow. But I realised how I need you, and I wondered if I could come home."

In my normal time I'm sure that today would be the least thing I would expect. But it was done anyway, and it felt great. I forgot to thank for little things, say a driving licence and free time, and of course a sister. Yes, today was a sisters' day out.

As spontaneous as always I managed to go to a place I've been wanting to go, and I asked her straight away. It seems normal for normal people but I'll tell you that my relationship with my little sister is strange. I mean, we're living under the same roof almost every night but we don't really know each other well. I don't know what's going on with her every day, how she's doing at school and everything and neither does she know about my world. We've always fought when we were younger and I believe dad still thinks so until now, while the truth is we don't because we don't meet each other as often as we did.

Today, I was with her for hours and I heard the things I never expected to hear. I know the times of junior high can be so depressing and she is in that stage now, and though it was funny hearing that from her, I'm glad she told me. Also I hear things from her perspectives. She thought I was "The Unreachable", because I always am busy building my own world without ever letting anyone in. She said she was a bit sad because being the last child means she's the one to mock around. She said she loves it to have a brother, though we know our brother is an asshole in a funny way. She said it's because my brother is around, and I'm not. and I don't know why I'm telling you this but it feels like a kick in my butt that if I don't have good relationships with my siblings, what would I call home?

It's not that hard being a big sister, and I promised myself to be more open to her, and to everyone in this family. And though Bright Eyes' First Day of My Life doesn't match this post at all, that line suits perfectly.

No comments: