4.4.12

Everything's Just Wonderful

I was on my way home when this song was played on shuffled on my brand new smarter phone. "Oh Jesus Christ Almighty, do I feel alright? No, not slightly. I wanna get a flat I know I can't afford it. It's just the bureaucrats who won't give me a mortgage. It's very funny 'cause I got your fucking money and I'm never gonna get it just because of my bad credit. Oh well, I guess I musn't grumble. I suppose it's just the way the cookie crumbles."

What struck me was the fact that this song, that has been in my playlist for years, is actually very much related to what I've been studying. It's essentially an easy song by Mrs. Cooper the lyrics of which I think is very genius because it contains sarcasm and cynical critiques to society. I just never really noticed that if you deliver it well, economy can be something worth listening. At least with great tunes. And high pitch voice. And sarcasm.

And here to the sarcasm towards society. "In the magazine they talk about weight loss. If I buy those jeans, I can look like Kate Moss. I know it's not the life that I chose, but I guess it's just the way that things go." Oh shut up.

P.S: The title of the song is the title of this post. Sung by Lily Allen.

No comments: