15.1.13

I'm home

"I'm coming home I'm coming home. Tell the world I'm coming home. Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday." - J. Cole - I'm Coming Home

It's been over a week since my iPod randomly played that song on the plane back home. I was a bit confused of what home is after all, I had one already back there in Seoul. And now it's been raining a lot here, it doesn't seem to wash away the pain from yesterday.

Ok not really the pain. And I don't want this memory to be washed either. Only I need to sync myself back in to the life I used to have before. I can say I haven't functioned properly here, I still think people need to understand that I just got back from a place far away from here and I need to readjust myself. But then, I saw a lot of people I used to see but didn't really pay attention to, and I realised that I didn't go for long. And even if I did, they just don't care because they might not know and even if they knew, it doesn't matter.

Also while I still think I need more time to adjust, that I still feel foreign though people don't know, I was actually exposed to my 'old stuff' already and I feel really weird. I know I'm used to it, but I feel like I used to be comfortable doing that. My mind flew to my other place easily, for everything seems to make me reminded of whatever everyone has done up there. I was in the middle of listening to a story of a friend, and I was thinking of what happened when I was being the one who was telling the story. I was also listening to another story of another friend, and I was thinking of listening to a similar story another friend up there has told me. And I felt bad later for being so easily distracted, though I wasn't really sorry for not really listening to these people's stories because I still think it was actually their time to listen. But then again, I don't really feel like talking because I know there's no point, they might be interested once but then, they won't know how exactly it makes me feel. Or even worse, I wouldn't really be able to express it well so it will be a very boring story. I don't know, I just feel like I need more time to be alone with my phone, connecting myself to the other place.

It makes me wonder, how long will it take for me to be normal again?

No comments: