9.8.11

Nobody

I could be A, I could be C. Multiple choice I don't want to be. All the above don't fit in with me. Not with me. If nobody cares and nobody loves that somebody does what nobody does and everyone follows them just because of the buzz, I'm gonna be what I want instead of being what I'm not. Maybe it's not enough, then I want none of it.

What's wrong with being a nobody? That nobody knows and has no buddies. And I should know cause I am one of these, happy to blend and I really am honestly. The whole world is trying to be somebody. Kicking themselves about what could've been. What's wrong with being a nobody? I'm not pretending I am what I'll never be.

I walk in a lake, walk up the wall. I'm no Messiah, I'm nothing at all. Compared to the greatest people I see, I'm just me. Am I making a change? I don't have a clue. Maybe I can, I love what I do. Isn't a science just fitting some words to a tune? I'm gonna be what I want. I'm just playing a part and what my character does is not important. It just is what it is. And I should know cause I am one of these, happy to blend and I really am one of these.


Eliza Doolittle.

No comments: